Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Venting about our grass

I really try not to be too negative about things, but have I told you lately how much I really hate our grass? Well, if you haven't heard...I HATE IT! At this point in time in our homeownership can you even call it grass? It's more like a plot of weeds. No matter what we do to it: treat it, not water it, pull the weeds we always have these darn dandelions by the hundreds. They are truly an annoyance! And what's up with the little purple flowers? Must we have those too? I'm sparing you the other pictures of the rest of our grass because it's really pathetic. We pulled up to our house the other day and Jaynee commented on how we have so many "little, yellow flowers" in our yard. I often wonder if it has something to with us being on the corner and no lot behind us. Because of the way the wind blows and we get the wind from all different directions...who knows? I've consulted different people over the years and no one has an answer for us. It sounds like to me it's time to rip everything out and start anew. Not a task anyone wants to deal with, but the rewards would be great in the end. Jayn brought me this flower after the comment she made earlier.
Now is one less dandelion a bad thing? Never! Especially when they are seen through the eyes of a little girl who thinks they are "pretty flowers". Couldn't resist this pic. The flower is blurred because I think it's too close to the camera when I took the shot. But her face, to me, I think, is the prettiest.

2 comments:

A Blogging Babcock said...

I feel your pain about the yard. Our backyard has a really hard time. There is so much upkeep with yards too. Regardless of the yard, that is THE CUTEST picture of Jaynee!

Alisha said...

Sucks about the yard, but man she is so pretty! You guys are in BIG trouble LOL!!!