It's not a title I'm comfortable with but I believe that's the title I was officially given when I accepted the duty of being in charge of a wedding reception refreshment table. So I, Julie, caterer for a day planned (with the bride) and executed a "make your own" cheesecake and pound cake bar for 250+ people. The reception was held at the Dixie College Alumni House located across from Hansen Stadium. The whole evening turned out really nice and everything went as planned. I couldn't have done it all without the help of my friend Debbie who is an expert at table decorating. She helped with the table set-up, decor and flow of the food. She made my food look really good! The guests made their own custom cheesecake or pound cake with their choice of 5 sauces: chocolate, cherry, caramel, raspberry or lemon. And 7 toppings: oreos, sprinkles, pecans, toffee bits, almonds, diced apples and crushed gingersnaps. Everyone thought the idea was brilliant but having to come up with the perfect tasting combination was a bit overwhelming. Some of the favorites were chocolate sauce/oreos/toffee bits, caramel sauce with diced apples, or lemon sauce with crushed gingersnaps. But with the amount of items being offered, the possibilities were endless.
I must say this was the biggest of all my food responsibilities so far, but I also believe it was my easiest. Believe it or not. And I don't think I want to be a full-on caterer someday, but I am up for the challenge of the occasional baby/bridal shower, small party, etc... There's just something about the hustle and bustle that goes on in a kitchen just before an event is about to happen that I love being in the middle of.






3 comments:
It was very beautiful and very delicious too. I have to admit that I had the cheesecake with raspberry and almonds. It was delicious.
You guys did a great job. I was very proud of you. I think you should go into catering. You're good at it.
P.S. I thought Jessica looked beautiful. Ohhhhh, young love!
Julie is food your Passion? You are great with it LOL!!! It looks beautiful and YUMMY! Wish I would of been invited...JK!
julie you are so talented! it looks so good! i still don't know how you do it... good job!
Post a Comment