
Isn't he just adorable? I couldn't resist making this bread dough
bunny after seeing it demonstrated on the Studio 5 show last week. I could not believe how easy it was! If any of you are interested in the recipe for future Easter celebrations go to studio5.ksl.com and click on Studio 5 recipes. You better go quick because I'm not sure how long the recipe stays in their archives.
The recipe instructions were very simple and anyone can make it. It's perfect for kids to help with too. The recipe called for 2 frozen dough loaves, but the package comes with 3. So since it was already pliable and ready to go, I decided to make a smaller one topped with butter, cinnamon and sugar. It turned out just as cute.

The final step is cutting around his
belly and making a bread bowl for dip. Your dip goes inside the belly and your veggies go around the outside of the bunny. The smaller one I put a powdered sugar glaze in it so you could pull apart the bunny and dip your cinnamon and sugared bread into it. My
kids loved that! But the possibilities are endless: veggies and dip, fruit and fruit dip, cinnamon and sugar with glaze, chips and dip/salsa, etc...
Here's the bunny with the finishing touches:

Isn't he so stinkin' cute? I just had so much fun making this. That's what making food should be all about...FUN! Find something that really interests you and MAKE it!! You'll realize why I do what I do. Because it really is FUN! Hope your Easter was HOPPIN'! I'll be posting Easter pics soon.
7 comments:
Oh my heck Julie can I come and watch you do this stuff? I am more of a visual person...I love to watch people put it all together. Your pics are excellent!! I am really going to try this!
Doesn't it just wear you out to be so creative? That is the cutest thing. I love how you put all the veggies around it...very appropriate! You still amaze me!
oh how cute! We will so have to do that next year! Looks cute and yummy
That is so cute, Julie!! Way to be creative and adventurous! I love that is uses Rhoades dough . . . I might could handle it! :)
Jen
Way cute Julie. You are so stinkin creative. I love that you are taking pictures of all your creations--especially since I'm sure they are gobbled up pretty quick!
I almost made this bunny too, but it was too creative for me. Good work!
Wow! You are amazing.
jamie
Post a Comment