Friday, February 22, 2008

Where's the love?

Do you ever feel like as a Mom you get caught up in the Valentine's day frenzy of class valentines, teacher gifts and making plates of cookies for neighbor's that you forget to "feel the love" of the day? Don't get me wrong, I really love to do all these things, but that's how I felt my day went this year. I ending up making two different types of cookies this time. My sugar cookies and these Sweetheart Jamwiches that were to die for! http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=403165 And I didn't get any pics of the cookies all spread out so you could see my frenzy because I completely forgot. The only pic I got was after the fact, just before I was ready to deliver the plates. By 6pm, just before I started to make dinner, I realized how fast the day flew by. I couldn't believe it! I wondered if my kids knew that day that I really loved them. We had plans to make valentine cards together, but that didn't happen. In the end, I guess because things didn't go the way I planned, I was feeling a little guilt. Or maybe a little sad that Kerry and I didn't go out because he spent 3 hours at Scout meeting that night. Oh well, suck it up, Julie. When all is said and done, I'm thankful for my family and love them very much. How's that for a mushy post? :D

I wanted to take some pics of the kids in their Valentine's day shirts, but Jaynee was the only one willing to let me. So this is what I ended up with in the end...



No comments: