Monday, February 18, 2008

Kason's first Pinewood Derby

Kason participated in his first ever Pinewood Derby this past October. He and Kerry spent hours making his car. I so lovingly added his "Cars" movie eyes to give it that finishing touch. Their efforts paid off in the end as Kason took 4th and qualifies to go to a regional competition in April. I don't know how many of you have experienced the new updated way the Scout program has of determining their winners. It's all done by computers and can be recorded down to a hundredth of a second. It's amazing! A light at the end of the track will light up in the lane of the winner. Kerry and I couldn't believe how far the derby event has come. Oh, and you wouldn't believe the amount of people who make derby cars for a living or a hobby. Kerry search the internet for car ideas and any tips on how to make a winning car. There were hundreds of e-books that "grown" men had put together and were offering for our purchasing pleasure. Seriously!

2 comments:

A Blogging Babcock said...

Your kids are so cute and to think I've known them since birth! I'm so lucky! Kason is such a great kid. It's funny how into the Pinewood Derby some dad's get. We have a good ward though. Kerry is doing a great job in scouts too.

Julie H. said...

Zach is such a good boy too. I'm glad they're such good friends.