Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Dead to the world
I just have to share something that happened to me. Something that doesn't happen hardly ever! Kason asked to play with a friend shortly after returning home from school yesterday. (They've got early out all this week because of Parent/Teacher conferences.) I didn't mind, so I agreed and he left on his bike to go over to his friend's to play. While he was gone, Kaylee had come home from school and I had taken Jaynee over to her friend's house to play also. Upon returning I found Kaylee taking a nap on the couch and a really quiet house. So I decided this would be the perfect time for me to take a nap too since I had spent most of Monday and Tuesday morning frantically cleaning my house for a "showing" that had been scheduled for today. (Plus several other things that I had on my schedule-including a loong weekend, exercise, errands, etc...) Anyways, I layed down and slept for probably 45 minutes. I woke up to the phone ringing. It was my friend and mother to the boy Kason was playing with. We talk on a daily basis and I didn't think much of it. We had probably talked for a good 20 minutes when I thought I would ask her how Kason was doing and if he was still okay playing over there. She was surprised by my question and said that he had left her house a long time ago. I became worried, we hung up and I proceeded to call on the phone around the neighborhood to see if ended up at another friend's house on the way home. Which has happened before in the past. Kason has been taught that he needs to contact me before he's allowed to stay. Luckily, I found him on my first call. They got him on the phone for me and I asked him, "what he was doing?" He said, "I'm playing at Carter's house". I asked him, "if he could tell me what was wrong with this situation?" He said, "Mom, you said I could play here!" "I did?", I said. He said, "yah, I came home and you were sleeping, so I woke you up and asked if I could play at Carter's and you told me yes". Once again I was shocked. I asked one more time, "are you sure you did because I don't think you did". He said, "Mom, I tried to call you, but you didn't answer, so I called your cell phone and you still didn't answer". "I decided to ride my bike home to ask you but when I got home the door's where locked. I tried to knock, but no one answered so I took apart the kitchen window and climbed in. That's when I found you sleeping on your bed". Can you believe this? At this point, I'm just stunned. He proceeds on, "so I tapped you on your shoulder and asked if I could play at Carter's and you lifted your head and said yes to me". "What? I did not, ME? Nooo...", I said. He said, "yes you did, so I left". Still shocked and confused by what he just said because I can't believe I didn't remember any of this happening, I praised him for remembering to do that and hung up the phone. The funny thing about this story is that I still to this day I can't remember him coming home. And, I don't remember the phone ringing or the knocking on the door. I'm still shocked he actually went to all that hard work just to tell me he was at another friend's house!!! Crazy, huh? So when you're dead to the world, there's still hope that things turn out positively in the end. Which they did and I'm thankful for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
wow, you really were tired. That is a crazy story! At least Kason did the right thing-what a good boy.
Post a Comment