Unfortunately, her cake was a last minute, throw-together cake. And didn't turn out like I had planned. All she told me she wanted was a yellow cake with peach colored frosting. I added three cupcakes on top, skittles and some stick candles. The cupcakes ended up crooked and I didn't have 12 of the candles. In this case, beauty was definately on the inside. I actually made the frosting from scratch this year and it was to die for. It can easily be used for frosting sugar cookies too. I'll post the recipe at the bottom.
Kaylee with her two friends Kennedy and Kirsti doing their Charlie's Angels pose...??? Kennedy (blonde) is the one who she rode horses with and has been friends with for about 3 years now. These girls were all babies together here in the same ward/neighborhood but because of different circumstances they didn't become friends until later in their lives. Oh, and here's that recipe for the frosting:
EASY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
1/2 cup margarine (not butter), 1/2 cup shortening, 5 cups of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/8 teaspoon salt, food coloring (optional).
In a large bowl, cream margarine and shortening until light and fluffy. Add salt, vanilla, powd. sugar and milk. Beat well until fully combined. Add choice of coloring. Use to frost cakes, cupcakes or sugar cookies.






1 comment:
Julie, I am so glad you are officially a blogger. This is so much fun for me lately. Blogging has been my "wind down" at night after I put the kids to bed. I'm excited to keep up with you life a little more. Had fun this weekend at the Home Show with you and Kaylee. Can't wait till April when you come up to see us again!
Post a Comment