Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our new bike rider

Well it's official, Jaynee has learned how to ride her bike without training wheels. Two weeks ago, Kerry decided it was time for Jaynee to learn how to ride her bike. The bike that she is riding is the bike that both Kaylee and Kason learned how to ride on too. (Sorry for the dark pictures, the sun was so bright that day.) You can click on the pictures to view them in full size.Kerry has always been the one who has helped our kids learn how to ride a bike. But this time around he decided he needed some expert advice on the matter. So he consulted in a local bike shop and they told him something we had never heard of doing before. He was told to take the pedals off of the bike first and teach them to balance on the bike.Once they get the hang of balancing, then you put the pedals back on and teach them to pedal and balance at the same time. She was totally ready and so brave to give it a whirl. This method seemed to work for Jaynee, within in 20 minutes she was pedaling on her own down the street. What a big girl...my baby has learned to ride a bike. Jaynee holds a lot of bitter-sweets for me. Since she is my last child, everything she does will be my last. She turns 5 next week and will be starting kindergarten this Fall too. I look forward to my freedom, but also find it sad to think she is this old. After she pedaled around for a little while, our neighbor Brian saw her and had to come over to congratulate and pinch her cheek. A loving ritual he has done to both of my girls since they were two years old. They both know that when they see Brian they're going to get their cheek pinched. Kaylee, still to this day, takes the pinch like a man!

5 comments:

A Blogging Babcock said...

That is so cool that Jaynee can ride a two wheeler now. I remember when I learned. That is so funny about Brian too. I didn't know he did that. Cute!

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big. I can't believe it. Time goes by way to fast. That is a good idea about taking the pedals off. I will have to try it with Tyden.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that she is riding a two wheeler, and going to school this fall. It seems just like yesterday that I met her when she wasn't even a year old. She is sooo cute.

Terri said...

I know how hard it is to say goodbye to the 'last of things'... but think of all the firsts you have ahead. We've just gotta take time to enjoy it all, don't we? :)

Debbie Richmond said...

She is such a BIG girl. Where has the time gone. Her hair is getting so long too. I was teary eyed looking at the pictures of her riding around the street wishing I could have been there watching her like she was my own. I know, I just can't help it I love her to death. Give her a hug for me.......:)