As the title says, I've been tagged by my cousin's wife Leah! Thanks alot Leah! Haha! So here it goes:
**3 Joys**:
1. food
2. happy kids
3. family
** 3 Fears**:
1. Speaking in front of groups of people (I do it anyway).
2. Being cut by knives (I have dreams about it).
3. That I'll lose my memory completely in the next few years.
** 3 Goals**:
1. Reading the Book of Mormon
2. Dejunking my house
3. Just trying to be a better person...it's a lifelong process...
** 3 Current obsessions**:
1. picture taking
2. blogging and reading other blogs
3. cooking and baking
** 3 Surprising facts about me**:
1. That I barely graduated high school.
2. That I don't get enough sleep (and it's not because of my job - I really don't).
3. That I hitched a ride with a 65+ yr. old man on a motorcycle when I was 20.
Okay, I'm sure you're going to want me to explain #3. So instead of having to explain it more than once, here's the story...
I was living in So. California and was on my way home from traveling to No. California to visit my Aunt Doris and see my cousin Kimball before he left on his mission. My blue Ford Pinto overheated on me and I pulled off the nearest exit which was to the mouth of a canyon. I was having a hard time getting help. So I sat in my car and prayed for someone to help me get ahold of some friends. Shortly after, a gray-haired, 65+ yr. old, pot-bellied man came out of the canyon and pulled up next to me on a motorcycle and wanted to know if he could help take me to a phone? I was very nervous but calm at the same time. I realized this man was the answer to my prayers. So I took his offer. (Are you getting the visual of this situation?....cute, young Cali girl riding on the back of a motorcycle in broad daylight on a freeway in So. Cal.)
He gave me a ride to the next exit which had a phone and I made my calls. No one answered and I was stuck again. He took me back to my car and left. No other words were exchanged the whole time he was with me. I then was back to square one and had to pray once again for help. Which I did. A short while later, a younger man comes out of the canyon in his car and discovers the problem with my car, fixes it, I thank him profusely, he leaves, I leave and arrive back home safe and sound. I look back on this story and think..."wow, that was crazy!" But my prayers were answered on this day. As many of them were when I lived on my own. I'm just thankful I was watched over.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Julie, it sounds like you and I have a lot in common! Thanks for being a good sport and playing along!
Crazy, what were you INSANE!!!!! You want to hear something weird.....I had a Pinto too. A 1976 yellow with orange pin stripes and big mag wheels. My parents bought it for me in 1979, I was so dang excited. Mine use to over heat too. I wouldn't have guessed for one second that you would have ever hitched a ride with anyone......I guess it is true, you do learn something new everyday...........:)
Julie, which pictures do you want exactly and what is your email address so I can send them to you?
Post a Comment