My ode to Julie... Julie has been my friend for 12+ years now. I'm very grateful that I made the first phone call years ago when she and I were both pregnant with Kaylee and Danielle. And that she was never stand off-ish at all. hehe!
It's kind of hard to explain, but she and I have a really good connection. She and I have the best laughs, we gripe about the most annoying things, we share in each other's happy times and sad, our junk food cravings and our "dream" crushes.
She has a very kind and compassionate heart, she's always willing to help and is always supportive when you need her. She always has a nice compliment to give you, but isn't afraid to tell you if you smell like burnt popcorn either.
Most days Julie and I talk at least once on the phone if not 3 or 4. I'm glad she takes the time to dial my phone number. Sometimes I'm the phone-slacker! Julie is also a great Mom, she's very connected to her kids and loves each of them very much. She's often said, "don't mess with my kids...or else!" and I believe her 100%. We know things about each other that most people don't know we know about each other...did you get that?
Kerry and I have really enjoyed our double dates with her and Mark over the years. If it wasn't for them, we may never go out. We've had family get-togethers too at their place and have lots of memories of those fun times.
The best things about my friend Julie is that... she shares my name, she's starting to feel like the older sister I've never had. Sorry Julie, you are older! :) But I mean that in a really, good "friend" way. She's seen me grow and learn over the years just as much as I've seen her. And I'm lucky to be able to go to work every night with my closest friend.
I hope you have a great day and that you get at least one of your desired gifts this year. Thanks for all you do...you're the BEST!
Love ya tons!







2 comments:
Wow! What a surprise! Thank you so much...that is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. (Or said about me!)
I think you are the one that is the good friend. You have a wonderful listening ear which I totally appreciate. I also appreciate that you laugh at what I say.
I have enjoyed having you at the temple soooooo much. It has made the job even so much better.
I'm proud of your accomplishments and example you set.
-Your FRIEND, Julie
P.S. Thanks for posting a picture where my face looks skinny. WHEW!
Oh, that was such a nice little blog post! Julie is the greatest! I would have to agree.
Thanks for sharing.
Amber
Post a Comment