Monday, May 12, 2008

It was a great Mother's Day!

I hope this doesn't come across wrong, but I think finally after 12 years of being a Mom, Kerry and the kids are now getting that Mother's Day means a lot to me. I think this was the most pleasant Mother's Day I've had so far.

The morning started off with some extra sleep. I can do that with a 2:30 pm church time. And then I woke up to find this...Kaylee making our typical Sunday morning pancakes.














Meanwhile, Kerry had done a load of dishes.













Then when breakfast was ready, I was presented this plate at the table. (Another note to self, get rid of old and ugly, blue plates!)
Isn't this sweet? Kaylee did a wonderful job on the pancakes and Kerry did great on the bacon. Oh, and let's not forget the bouquet of flowers that he and the kids gave me along with their gifts: a paper flower pot from Kason, a gift card to Emerald City Smoothies (the best place ever) and a music-playing card that played the song "We are Family" by Sister Sledge. It was cute! The music from the card actually kind of scared me. I wasn't expecting it. The kids got a kick out of watching me jump.


Kaylee was asked to speak in Sacrament as one of their youth speakers. Here she is preparing her talk.

It was a lovely talk tributed to me and in closing she bore her testimony. What more could a mother ask for? I was so very proud of her. She handled it so well and didn't seem nervous at all. She got lots of compliments from several friends and ward members.

Oh wait, I forgot to mention the yummy dinner Kerry made to top off the whole day. He made grilled salmon on the BBQ, with white rice and sauteed cauliflower with mushrooms. Sorry, no picture. But, see what I'm talking about...this is a blog-worthy post! I don't think I've ever felt so special in all my years of being married or as a mother. It was a non-stop pleasant feeling all day long. I was one happy momma!

5 comments:

A Blogging Babcock said...

Okay, I don't want to ever hear you complain about Kerry ever again! Got it! Just kidding. You can complain...but at least not about Mother's Day!

I'm glad you got the attention you deserved. You are a great mom. I'm proud to be your friend!

Debbie Richmond said...

Okay I can not believe it!!! I know that if I say this you will think that I am a brat, but, I didn't even get a card from Ken. I know, I know, we just got back from a wonderful trip and he did get me some trinkets but there is just something about getting a card. Although I am not really complaining only whining just a bit..............:) Kudo's to the kids and Kerry, very nice indeed. P.S. how much do I love the pic of the kids at the museum, Jaynee is the cutest thing.

Ira and Jen said...

What a sweet day! It's great when kids get old enough to really make Mother's Day fun and special, isn't it? Glad you had a nice day . . . you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear everyone made it special for you. You are a great mom Julie. Your family is lucky to have you.

Heather said...

Tell Kerry, "Way to go!" He wasn't really trained in the wife pampering department. His dad made Sunday dinner every week, but that was as "pampering" as it gets. So just keep reminding him all year about how WONDERFUL your mother's day was and who knows???