He started the weekend off with a fishing trip on Saturday with his Dad and he also took Kaylee and Kason with him (a separate to fishing "post" to follow soon). And ended the weekend off with a party at this sister's home here in town.
As you can see to the right, this is his cake that I made. We started to cut into it and realized he hadn't blown out candles. Which explains the slice right down the middle.
The cake was a vanilla flavored cake mix with a container of blueberry yogurt put directly into the batter. It gave the cake a really pretty lavendar blue-ish hue to it. Two of my favorite colors by the way. (I know, I know, the cake wasn't for me. This was Kerry's cake, not mine. But I still loved it!) I then boiled down some fresh blueberries in a sauce pan and added a small amount of cornstarch to it to make it thicken. Then I cooled the blueberry sauce down and it became spreadable like jam. I used that in between the cake layers and frosted the cake with a favorite frosting recipe that I got from a friend a long time ago. It's one large container of cool whip and one dry package of white chocolate pudding mix. YUM! Then I piped dollops of the frosting on top to hold the fresh blueberries in place so they wouldn't roll off the cake. Then as you can see I placed more blueberries around the outside of the cake for extra decoration. Okay, you are hearing it now, people... this cake was so scrumptious! Very light, not too sweet and the fresh blueberries were the most delightful. If you want the recipe, let me know.
Kerry's family talked him into a "spanking machine" line. So here's Kerry trying to make his way through the line of kids (not working very well) as they all give him their birthday spanks. He said they STUNG!
He also got a nice gift from his parents this year. It was a "fish finder" device that will come in handy this year as he is going to try to go fishing more often.

All in all Kerry's birthday was a nice one this year. I remember way back when...when Kerry and I were trying to decide what date to set for our wedding. There were concerns from his family about us getting married to soon to his birthday. Well, that hasn't bothered us one bit and has worked out just great for us. It gives us twice the reason to go do something extra special.
Kerry may be approaching the big "50", but he still has youthful energy to him. He's been very consistent with his visits to the gym, he plays church ball and drinks his flax seed and fruit smoothies in the morning. The only real side effect of this time in his life is that he was prescribed eyeglasses last year. And has been struggling with a bad arm. But for the most part he's a healthy guy. And may he have many more happy birthdays to come.
Kerry may be approaching the big "50", but he still has youthful energy to him. He's been very consistent with his visits to the gym, he plays church ball and drinks his flax seed and fruit smoothies in the morning. The only real side effect of this time in his life is that he was prescribed eyeglasses last year. And has been struggling with a bad arm. But for the most part he's a healthy guy. And may he have many more happy birthdays to come.






7 comments:
Sounds like Kerry had a nice birthday bash! I'm glad he did. He's a great guy.
Did you make up the blueberry filling all on your own? Holy cow, how do come up with all these different recipes.
Maybe you should start some sort of baking/cooking blog...honestly.
I love all your cooking ideas! Please keep posting them. You have wonderful ideas and cooking and baking is definately (sp?) a talent you have. You have a good eye for things!
Happy Birthday Kerry! But I agree with Julie B. You should start a baking blog or something. I want the recipe for your cake. Just post it in one of your comments on my blog. Thanks in advance!
Kerry is still as hot as he was 20 years ago. I know, I'm his sister, but it's true!
What a old fart Kerry has become. I know I totally need to be blogging more. It is sometimes hard to get the time to just sit down and do it. Justin is gone for 2 weeks so I actually have a lot of time. It's been nice.
Hey old man. It always make me feel better when someone I know is OLDER then me...:)
Hope I look that good at 47. Oh wait a second...I don't look that good at 44. Happy Birthday to you Kerry.
Scotty
Post a Comment