Monday, April 7, 2008

Water play

We've been experiencing some extra warm weather lately. And I decided to take Jaynee to meet up with her playgroup friends to the new Town Center splash pad and stream on Main Street. The city revamped the whole area between the Tabernacle and the Art Center. For those of you who don't know they tore down the old library and built a new one just around the corner on the same block. I really like what they did with the land even though some of the city's employees think the use of the money could have gone elsewhere. They apparently don't see the big picture behind it all. But that's another issue all on it's own and not the reason behind this post. The real reason is I just wanted to share some pictures of the outing with you.

Even though the water was still fairly cold, it didn't seem to bother the kids. I know this place will be hoppin' here in the next few weeks and into the summer as it starts to get even warmer.
I would love to be a fly on these rocks...

4 comments:

Debbie Richmond said...

Her hair is SO long. What a cutie pie!!! Man I miss seeing all my little friends. You have to check my blog, it is completely opposite of yours. Kind of funny.........:)

A Blogging Babcock said...

That was a fun day. Jaynee is so cute. I like her long hair too. I'm glad you like to take so many pictures. That is a fun park. I'm glad St. George invests it's money in these types of things. Economical or not, at least we can have a fun afternoon.

Alisha said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. Nate was sitting here next to me and he said, "I remember watching her run around the church when she was like Regs age now." We'll all have to plan a play day and take the kids over. I didn't even know it was there.

Heather said...

Mom was telling me about this place. A hot city like St. George really needs more places like that. It looks like a blast!