Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update to Cookie Contest

It doesn't look like I was a finalist this time around or a winner for that matter. The official Online Voter's Choice finalists were announced on April 1st. No, it wasn't an April Fools joke, it was for reals. You can see them by going to http://www.bettycrocker.com/ and clicking on the BAKING tab and then COOKIE MIX-IT UP CONTEST. They are taking online votes till the 21st. I suggest you check them out. Some of the recipes look very delightful. If you scroll towards the bottom of the page, you can even get the finalist recipes for the past 3 years.

Their website said that the grand prize winner and 1st place runner-ups were notified by email on March 9th. I never received an email. A part of me would like to think (or hope) its a typo because they said they would announce the Online finalists on March 31st. They never did! It was a whole day late. That's the part of me that would like to think they meant April 9th, which means I might still have a chance. But I won't get my hopes up! I will take my loss like a woman. I will throw myself on the bed, cry, complain and gripe like no other, hold a grudge for months on end, take it personal, and possibly blame someone else for my loss. Isn't that the therapeutic way of handling it? Nooo, I'm serious...I'm okay with it! There's always next year or another contest I could try down the road, right? RIGHT! So I'll suck it like a man and move on...like I always do. The experience was fun and with everything in life, if it was meant to be, then I would have won. The good thing is...
YOU'LL GET THE RECIPE!!!
I do need to wait in posting it to my recipe blog though. I want to make sure this contest is fully over with. They will announce all of the winners on April 28th. But the wait will be worth it! Until then...

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Stupid judges anyway. Since yours didn't win (unless there is a typo!!), then those judges don't know what they are missing by not picking yours.

I love how you described taking it like a woman! :)