Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter candy cravings

So you know you've got issues with candy (thanks, Mom!) if you decide that doing a blog post about it is important. Or maybe you've got better things to be doing, which I do, but sharing with everyone your favorite Easter candy is much more fun at the moment. Plus, isn't looking at yummy candy pictures better than looking at your stack of dirty dishes anyway???

I'm anxious for Easter to come this weekend, which I usually am anyway. But this time it's not just for the candy, but for the arrival of my family. I look forward to all the festivities we do when they are here. Like decorating Easter eggs and sugar cookies, preparing for the egg hunt, being in the warm sun seeing our local Arts Festival and making Easter dinner.

With all that going on there's got to be some munching on of the hoards of Easter candy before, during and after Easter, right? Well, I thought it would be an out of the ordinary journal entry for me to list some of our favorites.

I just love chocolate covered marshmallow eggs...

...the kind in the styrofoam egg cartons, that is....YUM! These satisfy my chocolate craving.

I always have to have something tart, so I look forward to anything from the Sweetarts line. Especially their Chicks, Ducks and Bunnies....they're BIG!

BONUS: I discovered these new jelly beans from Sweetarts. To have something chewy and tart...oh my gosh!

I love to eat these too...PEEPS! But there's a requirement for them, they have to sit out on the countertop opened for a 2 days so they can dry out a little bit. They're much more delightful that way. Come on, try it...you know you want to!

We can't forget jellybeans...just look at their colors! They're so bright and vivid. They satisfy my fruit cravings.

Kason and Kerry are pretty much the same when it comes to chocolate. They like anything that resembles it. Kason's favorite at Easter is Hershey's chocolate bars, kisses, etc... Kerry isn't much of candy person like me, but he does like to have a small piece of chocolate after dinner every night. It's is strange candy ritual.

Kaylee always looks forward to these carrot bags filled Reeses pieces peanut butter candies. She likes the chocolate and peanut butter combination...plus, look how cute the bags are!

Jaynee will eat anything that contains sugar...she's like her Mom that way! Actually, we're all that way. But she says she really likes all Easter candy and doesn't really like just one thing.

Are you craving some candy now? Good thing Easter is coming up! So what are your favorites? Leave a comment, I would love to hear I'm not the only candy freak out there. Or create a post on your blog to share with everyone. Have a great holiday!

2 comments:

Ira and Jen said...

okay . . .yah, I think I need some chocolate now!:) I, like you, love the chocolate marshmallow eggs and could eat the whole carton myself!! I hope the Easter Bunny brings me some! :) Have a fun weekend!

Alisha said...

I am totally laughing right now... I thought I was the only freak who leaves the peeps out so they hardin just enough. I also LOVE chocolate marshmellow eggs and have probably already eatin 2 cartons myself... I know sick and wrong right!?! Anyway love the post!