Thursday, March 26, 2009

Did you get your copy?

Hopefully you did because I've never read any of the books, but when I saw the movie I became hooked on Twilight. So when I was asked one evening while renting some videos at Hollywood Video if I wanted to reserve my copy of the movie, I couldn't resist....I said YES! I ended up buying the 2-disc set and have truly enjoyed it.

I had called Hollywood Video on Friday before the release of the movie to see what time they were going to stay open so that anyone who wanted their copy of the DVD right at midnight they could get it. Much to my dismay, they told me 1:00am. What? Don't they realize I work until 2:00am? So what was I to do? (I'm sorry, but I wasn't going to wait until Saturday afternoon). Should I take the entire night off? No, that would be stupid...all that just for a DVD? What about leaving really quick during my break and rushing back to complete my route? No, that seemed ridiculous too. Well, after speaking to my boss, she allowed me to complete my route and leave when I was finished. So my friend Julie and I hurried and hurried and was able to make it to Hollywood Video at 12:54am. I walked in just as they were sweeping the floors and I proudly announced I was a Twilight fan here to get my reserved copy. She laughed, got me my DVD and then she said, "oh wait, you get a Twilight picture with your DVD!" She turned to grab it and realized it was the last copy. How lucky was I? But really, what am I going to do with 5x7 picture of Edward and Bella? Frame it? Nooo...come on, seriously! So it just sits peacefully, leaning on some books on top of our bookshelf. The picture was kind of the nice though, it had a silver sheen to it and glistened like Edward's skin. Sweet!
Upon getting my copy of the DVD, Julie and I hurried to Wal-Mart so that she could get her copy of the DVD too. We were crazed Twilight fans that night. It was kind of fun though! When I arrived at home, I woke Kaylee up and we watched Twilight from 2am-4am. What's an extra 2 hours of sleep on my "don't-sleep-much-anyway" schedule? We had fun, Kerry even woke up and watched it with us. He said he thought it was a good movie. Wow, can you believe a man actually enjoyed it?
When you're a Twilight fan, does that mean you must confess to the amount of times you've seen the movie? Well...anywho...I'll tell you for the fun of it. I saw it twice in the theaters and twice on DVD. So yes, that's a total of 4 times I've seen Twilight. If they would hurry up with the second movie, New Moon, then I wouldn't be so consumed with this one. Those darn vampires trying to be different then the rest...they just "suck" you in!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you still not read the books? You must! You will die how much is skipped over in the movie. There is so much more emotional tie to the characters when you read the books. If you are that crazy about the movie, you will LOVE the books girl!

Alisha said...

OK... I just got my copy today (03/28/09). What the?!? I am never pre-ordering another movie that I must have as soon as it comes out again. I could of went over to Walmart and picked it up for the same price! Anywho... I'm just glad it got here!

Chris 'n Leah said...

So Twillight is SO not my thing BUT, you should go to my blog and click on our friends the "Patterson family" blog and see the over-the-top party that she had! I think it would be right up your alley. I think the two of you would get along just fine! Enjoy!