When we arrived at the restaurant we were surrounded by hoards of people. People who still hadn't been seated for their reservation. Our somewhat quiet and quaint restaurant that we've frequented before in the past, has now become a three-ring circus. Our little secret was out and there was no backing out now. I believe they overbooked the place and we were forced to stand in the buffet line for more than 25 minutes! How crazy is that? Oh, I forgot to mention it was $26 per adult and $13 per child to eat. And somehow we ended up on banquet chairs and tables instead the nice long solid wood tables and high back chairs in the dining room. The food ended up being so-so, but when all was said and done I think we all ended up having a good time.
Do any of you recognize this man in this picture?
It's Elder Jeffrey R. Holland...!!! If he could handle what we had to deal with at the restaurant, then I'm sure I could too. This is my friend, Kandi giving him a hug. She was fortunate about 9 yrs. ago to have him give her premature son a blessing while they were at the Primary Children's Medical center in Salt Lake. You can say they go "way back". I was glad I was able to capture this shot from my cell phone. And she was so happy to know I got this too. I was glad to have seen him in person. As you can see, he was dressed like an average man, he was very down to earth and cordial with those he came in contact with. It was fun to see him scramble around the parking lot outside making sure all of his family made it to their cars. He's one Apostle I truly adore!
I frolicked around the surrounding area capturing anything that represented Fall to me. I found this tree with the most vibrant yellow leaves. I'm sure the rain had everything to do with it. The yellow was so pretty.






5 comments:
Oh Julie, I have missed you! I was just coming onto your blog to ask if everything was okay and to my surprise you blogged today. SO it looks like everything is great, just busy. I LOVE the pictures you took! Oh what beauty this great earth has for us to enjoy! You are really good with that camera, the shots look professional. And I love the big family shot, it is lovely.
Isn't family great?!!
PS-That is SOOOOO cool about seeing Elder Holland! Lucky girl!
I've been wondering where you were! Glad to see you enjoyed Thanksgiving with family. Our neighbors went to the Switchback as well. There weren't too impressed with how they overbooked.
Remember to call for Christmas shopping or just lunch! I need your phone number, maybe I'll just have to call you? :)
WOW, I love the scenery pix!
-Heather
I was beginning to wonder what was going on with you. I'm happy to see ya back. Your pictures are beautiful...you have a way with the camera.
You got some beautiful shots that day! I love the one of the yellow trees with black branches! Great job. It was great to spend Thanksgiving weekend with you.
Post a Comment