Friday, August 22, 2008

The Cleaning Lady

Last night we noticed Jaynee buzzing around the kitchen going in and out and heading back and forth into the garage. So I decided to head out there to see what was going on. This is what I discovered......she was cleaning up the garage!!! With her baby by her side, of course!
I couldn't believe she was out in the garage for so long. Even though the weather has cooled down here, it's still around 100 degrees at 6pm. But she was just plugging along like normal. She was sweeping with our long handled scrub brush and managed to push everything into the dust pan. Then she walked it over to the dumpster outside.She also straightened up the bikes and wiggle cars.This is a happy face full of accomplishment and sweat. We're very proud of our hardworker! No one asked her to do this. She took upon herself all alone. I guess when you turn 5 and start kindergarten it changes you somehow. They think bigger and do more things on their own. Jaynee has also started giving herself her own baths. Which is huge for her because she's been afraid of the tub for the last 4 years. She usually has me fill the tub, but washes her own hair by lying down in the water and tipping her head back. She even likes to comb her own hair too. She also knows how to help me fold her own laundry and put away her toys in her play area. She's becoming quite the young woman!

11 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

WOW!!! Can I borrow her for a few days? I will give her back, promise:) LOL

I love it when children decide to do something all on their own and then do it. She must have an awesome role model who has taught her how to tidy up!

A Blogging Babcock said...

She is so cute. Good for her! Maybe you could hook her up with the FlyLady emails and just think what your house could look like!

Good job Jaynee!

Ira and Jen said...

What a doll! I love it when Sarah gets in those cleaning modes too...There is nothing better! Jaynee is so cute!

Lora said...

Jaynee is one of the cutest little girls I've seen and it sounds like she has the personality that fits her.

Boy they sure grow up fast!!

-Lora

Debbie Richmond said...

I LOVE you Jaynee!!! You are such a big girl! Big hugs and kisses coming your way. I miss you!! love you tons, Debbie XXX OOO

Anonymous said...

What a doll. I bet it made your day to see that she had "cleaning tendencies". Avery is a huge help right now too, way more than her strong minded big sister. I love this kindergarten age. They are so sweet and wonderful. It seems this is the age where they learn so much about behavior, socializing, and order. Perfect age for reward systems. Janie, Good luck in school this year big girl.

Heather said...

She's a KEEPER!

Alisha said...

Man...how cute is she. I would of just melted, but I'm a big ol' sap! You for surely taught her well. Doesn't that make you feel good when they actually take it upon themselves to do something and you see the growth. You realize all the teaching is doing something...they are getting it...lol. Great Job Jaynee!!!

Tori Williams said...

That's adorable. What a sweetheart. :)

Chris & Jamie said...

Hey Julie!
I'm glad a remebered your blog sight! You have the cutest family ever!
See you Sunday!
Jamie:)

Terri said...

Oh my word... what a doll! It's moments like these that you want to bottle up and keep forever. You've taught her well.