Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to School

The end of summer has come upon us as our kids headed back to school this week. I always feel like a bad Mom for wanting my kids in school when their summer break comes to an end. I really can't say that I enjoy my kids home for 2 1/2 months when we don't have much to entertain them with. We only took one fun trip this summer to see family in Mt. Pleasant because that's all we could afford. So I'm always anxious to get them back into a set schedule again. I think they enjoy the break, but are just as anxious to be doing something again too.

Kaylee started 7th grade this year and is attending yet another new school called Sunrise Ridge Intermediate. This school accommodates both the 6th grade and 7th grade students. The school is huge and has lots of room to grow as our area grows. In finishing off her first week, she thinks school will be pretty good this year.

My pictures have turned out somewhat blurry for some reason. I guess that's what happens when you're forced to get up after only 5 hours of sleep.

Anyways, Kason started 4th grade this year. And is loving his new teacher and classroom. His teacher is teaching for the first time since completing his student teaching and graduation back in May. He's really excited and motivated to be starting his career. Kason loves the fact that he's a male teacher and that they have their classroom in a portable this year. Our new elementary school of 4 years has already burst it's seams and has had to resort to portables. There is no drinking fountain so the teacher provides the kids with their own water bottles throughout the day. Kason claims he drank 3 full bottles in one day. He's so crazy!Then there's our little Jaynee lou-who...who isn't so little anymore. She's now in Kindergarten and is a BIG girl with her backpack and riding the bus. She says she even knows how to walk from the bus to her classroom without Kason's help. What a brave girl!


Our kids' bus stop happens to be just outside our house on the corner. I've been able to watch my kids get on the bus every morning for a few years now. I never thought I'd tear up over seeing my last child get on the bus. I've waited 12 1/2 years to finally have my kids all in school, and it caught me off guard! I guess they were both happy and sad tears. I'll adjust though...actually pretty quickly. See, aren't I a mean Mom??? No, really, I'm proud of my kids and the good students they are. To all the Moms out there...I hope you have a great school year!

5 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

Wow! The kids all look great! With everyone in school what are you going to do with all of your free time? I have a friend who is experiencing this for the first time and she has started exercising and scrapbooking again. She told me she had forgotten how good it felt to take time out for herself.

I hope you enjoy yourself as much as your kids will be enjoying themselves in school.

A Blogging Babcock said...

I can't believe how grown up they look in those photos. They sure are cute! Julie

Debbie Richmond said...

Okay, does it count that I actually wiped a tear as I saw the picture of our Jaynee...:) She "is" a BIG girl and I am actually not super happy about it. Who is that young man in the picture that you claim is Kason? Are you kidding me? Don't even get me started on Kaylee. Ohhh look out my friends it is starting, boys, girls, cell phones, drama, and Hormones......:)

Alisha said...

Wow...where did the time go. I remember Jaynee when she was running around the back of the Church on Sundays.

Ira and Jen said...

Okay, so I'm glad I'm not the only mom excited for school! Darling kids! I'm so glad KAson and Conner are in the same class again. That will be fun! By the way, wasn't Kaylee just in Nursery with teacher Char???!!!!