
I just had to post this picture left over from the holidays. I think my sister in law, Heather and I had the same idea. To take a picture of the abundance of Christmas cards and letters we received this year. Thanks to all the friends and family who thought of us during the holidays. In the previous years, I saw a decline in Christmas cards being sent out and received. I thought for sure it was a dieing tradition. But, lo and behold, they just kept arriving one by one. The next thing I knew... my den doors were filled to the brim (almost). We received more this year than the last 3 years combined. Jaynee had fun helping me tape them to the door too. I had a hard time taking them off the door and just barely last week decided they had to come down. Christmas 2008 will go down in "our" history as the crazy year for cards.
2 comments:
First let me say that I LOVE the background you have!
So we have noticed that it is the Christmas update letters that are going the way of the wind. Now we only receive the picture cards that say "Merry Christmas love the Jones family". But hey, who am I to talk? We haven't sent out anything for the last two years. Why is it so easy to let that one thing about December go? Oh well, we have talked about sending out a new years letter this year but January is almost gone so we will see if we can still get it done or not!
What a great idea to tape your cards on a door like that! Last year I was able to put our cards on the top of our piano, but not this year. We got so many of those picture cards that Leah mentioned that I couldn't put them on the piano. So for next year, I will tape them on our door!
Post a Comment