Thursday, October 2, 2008

School Pictures

I have a few friends that have posted their kids' school pictures, so I thought I would follow and do the same.

My 7th grader:

My 4th grader:

My Kindergartener:

I'm very proud of my kids in how well they are handling school this year. Kaylee is old enough to take on homework on her own, which she does and is doing these parents proud. She will even help me with Jaynee's homework on occasion, she's a huge relief to me. Especially in the babysitting department. It's so weird to think we will have ourselves a teenager in 4 months. I hope and pray she'll continue to make wise decisions as she gets older.

Kason is still loving his first-ever male teacher this year. He told me the other day, "Mom, I know most kids don't say this, but I'm really liking school." WHAT? Did I just hear what I thought I heard? .........O....M....G.........! He's such a good boy. My son has never been much of a reader. We've always struggled to get him to take time to read. But he has found some books he's interested in and has finished them. He tells me they are the best! It's made his reading time so much easier this year.

Jaynee just loves Kindergarten! Even though she's had to adjust to a morning wake-up call, she still takes it like a big girl. She also has her share of homework too. She can't wait to show me everyday what she has. I'm sure that won't be the case in a few years if you know what I mean. But it's fun to see her excitement for the things we seem to take for granted as she grows and learns everyday.

Kerry has been giving our kids a father's blessing before school starts for the past 3 years. Kason has been blessed so much by this... if you couldn't tell. It has made a huge difference in our kids and I'm thankful that he can do that . I look forward to seeing what the rest of their school year has in store for them.

8 comments:

Tori Williams said...

What good pictures!!! You two sure have cute kids. That's neat that Kason is liking to read more now. I wish I had more of a love for reading... more time always helps too.

Alisha said...

Cute Pictures!

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures Julie. Wow, I can't believe how grown up Kaylee looks! I guess that's what middle school does to kids. How is she handling 7th grade. I didn't have a very good experience as a 7th grader.

The Schmutz Family said...

I can't believe my kids are all grown up. I remember when Kaylee was two and Kason was just born when I met you. Time flies!

A Blogging Babcock said...

I love their pictures. I especially love Kason's. That is so him. So happy!

Talea Hollingshead said...

Growing up so fast.... They are all such good looking kids!!

Jessica said...

Your kids are getting so big! And so adorable!!

Heather said...

Wow, they all look so grown up! It's been a while since we've seen you. Sorry it didn't work out to see you when I was there with the kids. Sounds like you were tied up on Saturday and we went home Sunday right after conference so there wasn't much time to get over there. You have great kids!